Carl Jung is the brilliant psychiatrist and psychotherapist who founded analytical psychology.
1. Every human life contains a potential.
2. The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.
3. The greatest problems of life are not meant to be solved, they are meant to be outgrown.
4. We are not what happened to us, we are what we choose to become.
5. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness.
“Nobody, as long as he moves among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.”
6. For better to come, good must stand aside.
7. Faith, hope, love, and insight are the highest achievements of human effort.
8. There is no recipe for living that suits all cases.
9. The sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
10. You cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning.
“The first half of life is devoted to forming a healthy ego, the second half is going inward and letting go of it.” ~ Carl Jung
11. We no longer live in the present day, but in the darkness of the future.
12. Thinking is difficult, that’s why most people judge.
13. Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.
14. Where love rules, there is no will to power. Where power predominates, love is lacking.
15. The healthy man does not torture others.
16. You cannot change anything unless you accept it.
17. Your heart knows the answer.
“Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” ~ Carl Jung
18. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it
19. Pride is deceitful.
“Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, something is out of tune. Carl Jung
20. In all disorder there is a secret order.
21. Life really does begin at forty.
“Life really does begin at forty. Up until then, you are just doing research.”~ Carl Jung
22. History is not contained in thick books but lives in our very blood.
23. It all depends on how you look at things, and not how they are in themselves.
24. There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
25. Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
26. People will do anything to avoid facing their own souls.
27. Loneliness does not come from having no people around.
“Loneliness does not come from having no people around, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible.”
28. A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.
29. What you resist, persists.
“What you resist, persists.”
“Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event.”
30. The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.
31. You do not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
32. The greatest tragedy of the family is the unlived lives of the parents.
33. Shame is a soul eating emotion.
34. The best political, social, and spiritual work you can do is to withdraw the projection of your shadow onto others.
35. The reason for evil in the world is that people are not able to tell their stories.
36. The overstimulated psyche can recover in the presence of the infinite peace and spaciousness of the sea.