Bruce Lee, a master of martial arts, was also a brilliant philosopher who left behind a great deal of teachings, teachings and inspiring quotes.
1. Be soft like water.
“Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
2. If you truly love life, don’t waste time because time is what life is made of.
“Once passed, it is gone forever.” ~ Bruce Lee
3. Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.
4. Life’s battles don’t always go to the strongest or fastest people, but to the ones who thinks they can.
5. To specialize in ONE thing is more powerful than to try 10,000 other things.
6. There are no limits to what you can achieve. There are only plateaus, and you must go beyond them.
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”
7. Bring the mind into sharp focus and make it alert so that it can immediately intuit truth.
8. The function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.
9. A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
10. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
11. Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
12. A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
13. Just be ordinary and nothing special.
“Just be ordinary and nothing special. Eat your food, move your bowels, pass water, and when you’re tired, go and lie down. The ignorant will laugh at me, but the wise will understand.” ~ Bruce Lee
14. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. Be yourself!
15. To know yourself takes a lifetime.
“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.” ~ Bruce Lee
16. Give up all expectations and let nature take its course.
“In order to control myself I must first accept myself by going with and not against my nature.”
17. Be self aware, rather than a repetitious robot.
18. The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
19. If you don’t want to slip up tomorrow, speak the truth today.
20. A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
21. Only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm manifest.
22. As you think, so shall you become.
23. Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
24. If there is a God, he is within.
“You don’t ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.” ~ Bruce Lee
25. Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light.
“Now I see that I will never find the light unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself.”
26. Relationships are the mirror in which you discover yourself.
27. Love matures with time.
“Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” ~ Bruce Lee