• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes
• 1 egg
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup diced strawberries
• 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
3. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender (or two knives) until it is in small pea-sized pieces.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the egg, vanilla, and heavy cream. Add all at once to flour mixture. The batter will be thick. Gently fold in diced strawberries and chocolate chips.
5. Spoon into muffin cups and bake in preheated oven 22-25 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.